Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions


Well, I can pretty much say without a doubt that 2012 was the worst year of my life.  Here’s to 2013 being better.  I started this blog back in early August with the best of intentions.  Life really got in the way.  Just after I started the blog, my husband was hospitalized for a week for suicidal and homicidal thoughts.  He spent several months trying to find the correct diagnosis and the correct medicines, and during that time my little family had to survive on my income alone.  Yeah, here’s the thing… I worked at McDonalds.  We got kicked out of our house, we spent many nights wondering where our next meal was going to come from, and through it all I had to take care of my husband and my daughter with very little help.  Needless to say the stress kept me from this blog.



But it’s a new year.  My husband finally has a diagnosis (bipolar) and a medication routine that is working for him.  We’re living in a new apartment farther away from stressful, nosy neighbors and interfering family.  I have a new job that, while it isn't my dream job, is one that provides more money than McDonalds.  With any luck, my husband will also start working in the next couple weeks.  So I feel like it’s a good time to start again.

So here are my resolutions.  First of all, to write.  My goal is going to be 500 words a day, either for my blog or for the novel I've always wanted to write, or both.  Second, I want to get healthy.  I want to try at least two new healthy recipes a month, and exercise more.  I think I’ll start with once a week and gradually work my way up from there.  Third of all, I want to manage my finances better.  I’m good at making budgets, but I’m not so good at sticking to them.  One semi-rough day and I’m on the phone ordering pizza.  So my resolution is to plan for things like that in the budget, but then stick to the budget.  Fourth, I want to be a gentler parent.  I want to have more patience with my daughter and spend more time with her.  Fifth, I want to be a better wife.  I need to have more patience with my husband and learn not to nag so much.  Finally, I need to keep my apartment cleaner.  So I hereby resolve to wash the dishes once a day and the bathroom once a week as a start towards that.

Stick around, as of yet non-existent blog readers.  I’m back, and if I keep my resolutions, I’ll be better than ever.  Here’s to 2013!

Much Love,
Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment